Commitment to Health and Safety
Earth Stability is committed to providing its employees and those affected by its activities, with a safe working environment.
It is strongly focused on workplace health and safety. Supported by the operation of its internal policies it holds the following industry accreditations; ISO9001 for Quality, ISO14001 for Environmental and OHSAS18001 for Safety.
Since its incorporation in 2012, it has been awarded the following ‘New Zealand Contractors Federation’ awards for health and safety:
- 2013 ‘Category A’ award for our work on East Coast Road Slip Repairs;
- 2014 ‘Category A’ award for our work on NZDF South Yard Cliff Stabilisation Works;
- 2014 ‘Merit Award Overall Category’ for our work on the NZDF South Yard Cliff Stabilisation Works;
- 2015 Hynds Construction Awards Category A’ winner for or work on 72 Cliff Road Slip Repairs;
- 2015 Hynds Construction Awards Category B’ winner for or work on Pinesong Slip Repairs.
These awards specifically recognised the operation of Earth Stability’s safe working procedures and well-managed and operated sites;
“The attention to detail, especially with regard to Health and Safety on this project, was paramount. This was a very well managed site.”
(Ian Baxter (Work Safe inspector) - judge for the 2014 awards)
Earth Stability’s Managing Director Tim Allen is a member of the Executive Committee of Civil Contractors New Zealand (formerly New Zealand Contractors Federation) (Auckland branch) and also a member of Civil Contractor New Zealand’s Sub-Committee for Health and Safety (Auckland branch).
Earth Stability’s Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Compliance Manager Brad Holm is Vice President of the IRAANZ (Industrial Rope Access Association of New Zealand) Executive committee.